My Photo
Name:
Location: huntsville, alabama, United States

i am an addict of laughter and also sadness. i guess basically i am very confused...

Thursday, August 04, 2005

only the good die young...

9:23 A.M. thursday, august 4th, 2005... my mom left us for her journey...

our entire family, her three sons, two daughter-in-laws, and nine grandchildren spent all day yesterday praying, holding hands, laughing, loving... she took her time and looked at each one of us for a long time as if to trying to memorize each face forever...

she died peaceful as she has lived...

i am grateful for her precious gift to her sons. i am grateful for her love that is forever embedded in my heart. i am grateful and proud for her strength, wisdom, peace, and love.

how can i possibly be sad when i am so proud of my mom and my family, and there is so much love... i am not sad, i am happy and grateful for all the things, especially the peace and serenity my mom left with us...

i love you, mom... i will miss your smile and laughter, but i know i don't have to miss your love because it will always be with me...

7 Comments:

Blogger Suzanne said...

We love you.....your friends......

August 4, 2005 at 2:59 PM  
Blogger JustMe said...

A Letter From Heaven
First of all...
To let you know, that I arrived Okay.

I'm writing this from Heaven, here I dwell with God above. Here there are no tears of sadness; here is just eternal Love. Please, do not be unhappy just because I'm out of sight. Remember that I am with you every morning, noon and night.

The day I had to leave you when my time on earth was through, God picked me up and Hugged me, and He said, "I welcome you. It's good to have you back again. You were missed while you were gone. As for your Dearest Family, they'll be here later on. I need you here so badly, you're a big part of my Plan. There's so much that we have to do, to help our mortal man."

God gave me a list of things he wished for me to do, and foremost on the list, was to watch and care for you. For when you lie in bed at night, the day's chores put to flight, God and I are close to you....in the middle of the night.

When you think about my life on earth, and all those loving years, because you are only human, they are bound to bring you tears. But do not be afraid to cry; it does relieve the pain. Remember there would be no flowers, unless there was some rain.

I wish that I could tell you all the things that God has planned, but if I were to tell you, you wouldn't understand. But this one is for certain, though my life on earth is o'er, I'm closer to you now, my Loves, than I ever was before.

There are many rocky roads ahead of you, and many hills to climb; but together we can do it taking one day at a time. It was always my philosophy, and I'd like it for you too; that as you give unto the world, the world will give to you. If you can help somebody, who's in sorrow or in pain' then you can say to God at night.... "my day was not in vain."

Now I am contented...that my lifetime was worthwhile; knowing as I passed along the way, I made somebody smile. So, if you meet someboy who is sad and feeling low; just lend a hand to pick him up as on your way you go.

When you're walking down the street, and you've got me on your mind; I'm walking in your footsteps, only half a step behind.

And when it's time for you to go... from that body to be Free; remember you're not going... you are coming here to Me.

Till We Meet Again
All My Love

August 4, 2005 at 4:08 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

I'll be continuing to uplift you all in my prayers. I'm glad your mom went peacefully.

August 5, 2005 at 10:18 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

Peace to your Mom, peace to you and yours. Thanks for sharing.

August 5, 2005 at 12:06 PM  
Blogger wobbeegone said...

I am so sorry.

August 9, 2005 at 9:39 AM  
Blogger gxki6wvqq48tbxf said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

August 14, 2005 at 12:09 AM  
Blogger larrykim said...

thank you, everyone for your words, thoughts, and support. i feel blessed to know all of you. thank you...

August 23, 2005 at 9:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home